Friday, October 2, 2009

Your Questions Answered

I want to take today to answer your questions… I have received a lot of good questions so here they are… (Look to the right for the video blog of me answering your qiestions I have a black shirt on)

Do friends or acquaintances treat you differently when they find out?
No… As crazy as it sounds so far I have been lucky everyone has treated me the same. They feel bad for me and tell me what ever I need they will be there for me, but for the most part I am treated the same.



Have you had surgery to remove the tumor?? And if so, did they get most of it and does the chemo and radiation is to make sure the rest of its gone?
Yes… on August 3rd I had surgery to remove the tumor… and they did get most of it. There are always microscopic pieces left behind. A joke I heard from another cancer patient … the surgeon found that missing golf ball. And yes the chemo and radiation do try to get what is left behind… after the surgery a small piece of the tumor did regrow to about 1cm and the treatments should take care of that… I’ll find out a few weeks after I finish the radiation when I have a follow up MRI.


When you do radiation, does it hurt or burn?
NO… it does not burn or hurt I feel nothing and it only takes about five minutes to do. But the area getting zapped does get sensitive after a while… but as I am getting zapped I feel nothing.

When you are hit with the radiation, is it one quick burst or is it a constant stream of radiation for a few seconds or minutes, etc?
It’s a quick five minute session and they do it 30 times over five weeks… Monday – Friday with weekends off.

Thanks for the questions and keep them coming… I enjoy answering them. This is a new experience for me and I want to share it as much as possible. I want you to learn from my experience as I learn from it too. As I have said before I got this for a reason maybe teaching is one of them? Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment