Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Funny Story

Well I have a funny story to tell… I at least think it’s funny. Yesterday while walking the dog I ran into a neighbor that I hadn’t seen in months – she tells me not knowing what I am going through “you look good. I like the short hair look on you.” Me being the funny person I can be and having a good attitude about what I’m going through tells her “that’s what chemo and radiation will do to you.” – You should have seen her face… her jaw dropped to the ground. The look on her face was horror and total shock… she starts telling me she is so sorry and didn’t mean anything about it. I tell her it’s okay and that I have to have a scence of humor to get through this. I still think she felt bad after. But what could I do?

On another note things are still going great – I met with my radiation Dr. this morning and he told me I am still doing great. The fun thing about radiation is each day I wait with the same people, we are kind of becoming friends – there is an unspoken bond between all of us we are all going through the same thing.

Another funny thing is since I have gotten sick I don’t like potatoes… not baked, not french fries, not potatoes chips – I only like them if they are in a soup. And I have had a craving for donuts… I want donuts 24/7 (you would think I was Homer Simpson). I also have a craving for a Taco Bell taco… You would think I was pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it going Bro! YOu are still inspirng new people everyday! I have been sharing the blog with everyone I talk to. Did you order the blog cards from Vistaprint yet?

    ReplyDelete