Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Day to Celebrate




Yesterday was a day to celebrate – it was my last day of radiation. It was a good day!!! It was fun too! When I finished the last session the nurses had a bubble machine going for me, were blowing whistles and gave me hugs and they gave a special certificate of completion… it was very nice and I can’t say enough about how great everyone at Lynn Cancer Institute is. After the radiation was finished I had a celebratory lunch with my brother and father – it was a good time. When Kim got home with Cole I had some special daddy time with Cole and we went for a bike ride… There is nothing better than spending time with Cole. Then after the bike ride we came home to a great smelling house… Kim had made me a special dinner, so the three of us had a congratulatory dinner and I could not have had a better day. Thanks you to everyone. This is now one hurdle down. I still have a combat to fight but with the continued love and support I continue to receive I will win this battle and can’t thank you all for the love, support and prayers. I love you all.

Now for the next month I am off no radiation and no chemo. Wow what will I do? I still can’t drive and that does suck… so getting around will be hard. I still have people offering to drive me wherever I need to go but you know what it is hard to ask… I don’t know why it is so hard to ask but it just is.

In one month the really hard part starts my chemo doubles. It is still the chemo pill but it may make me sick I don’t know. I hope I handle it well and can get back to doing some work but time will tell. Recently I have been feeling a little sick from the pills so I’m guessing that doubling the dose will make me a little sicker. If I am sick and stuck in bed I will need some of you to recommend some good movies to rent.

Other than all that things are still great and I still think life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment