Thursday, January 28, 2010

Good news

This has been a great week… a really remarkable week. It started off with me getting a MRI on Monday and spending the day with my father.

Then on Wednesday being told that the results from the MRI looked good. The words “looked good” were some of the best words I had heard since this nightmare started. We didn’t know what to expect but just being told the MRI looked good” was awesome.

Then Wednesday was even better… Kim took the day off to go with me to the Dr to get the results… so after taking Cole to school… I got to walk him to class and I never get to do that… Kim and I had breakfast. After that we met my brother at the Dr Where we got the actual results of the MRI. We were told the swelling went down and the pea size tumor stayed the same size… the fact that the tumor stayed the same size is I think a miracle… you have to remember that what I have is an extremely aggressive tumor – for it to not grow is astounding.

Kim and I had lunch to celebrate and did a little shopping … I got the book I have been looking for. I was also talking to a friend about all the time I have during the day and they suggested I find a new hobby… so I decided to take up painting… I know nothing about painting but what the hell let’s see what I can do it will help me pass the time.

Thank you for all the prayers and love you all are an inspiration to me.

Please remember to sign up for the brain cancer walk by going to

http://events.abc2.org/site/TR/Events/General?team_id=1090&pg=team&fr_id=1040

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I used to work with you at WINK. I was a director. I am out of the business and living in Pittsburgh. This story was on the news tonight and I thought you might like to see it. Good luck with your fight against cancer.

    http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/health/22607416/detail.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a better article.

    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10050/1037017-114.stm

    ReplyDelete