Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cancer sucks… but life is good

Today I am feeling good and am staying positive. I am however getting cabin fever. Not being able to work or even get to work is taking a toll on me. Not working and not being able to drive takes its toll on you.

I am glad that I am tolerating all the drugs and have been able to keep the seizures at bay. I just can’t wait until I can get back behind the wheel again, do some work and lead more of a productive life. It’s not the not driving part that is at times the hardest… it’s the loss of independence not the cancer itself. Yes the cancer sucks… I just wish I could drive again. I have to go six months seizure free before I can drive again… then I have to get a car. If you remember my lease was up just as I got sick so I never got a new car. I think when I can drive ill get a used car over a new car. Why spend the money on a new car when I can save some cash by getting a used one and if I do have a seizure I don’t have a new car sitting there that I can’t use.

On a funny note a good friend of mine went to a physic… I know what you’re thinking but have an open mind… I was skeptical too. The physic knew about me being sick without my friend saying a word, and she knew my illness started off violently. She knew about the seizures she knew things that my friends never mentioned. The good news is the physic said that I have a lot of longevity in me but I will be on chemo for a long time. Take what you want from this be skeptical… I don’t care. I believe now… I have to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment