Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Only In My Dreams


You know as real as my battle has become as much of my life it has taken over I still think I am going to wake up one morning and this will all be as dream… I guess more of a nightmare but it still does not seem real. I suppose it is naive of me to think it is possible to wake up one morning and this will all be gone… but that’s what goes through my mind all the time that this is nothing more than a horrendous nightmare. How nice would that be to wake up in the morning and just have the problems I had before… the problems that I once thought were the end of the world… the problems that now seem so trivial? As I have said before having cancer puts your life into perspective what you once thought was a gigantic problem now seems insignificant.

Last night was Yom Kuppur and I was able to spend it with a majority of my family… what a good time I had… a simple evening with the family. I can’t say it enough you just don’t realize how much family means until you really need them… and I need them now. They are all by my side whenever I need them. If one good thing has come out of this it is the family has gotten closer… we have all bonded over this and gotten to know one and other even better than before. Family that’s what life is all about FAMILY.

Feeling much better now I am ready for the battle of my life, everyone’s outpouring of support, love, and prayers has been nothing more than heartwarming and please continue to keep me my family and others fighting cancer in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment