Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Fight

First off I my heart is with the family and friends of Patrick Swayze who passed away on Monday from pancreatic cancer. He was 57. Patrick Swayze was an inspiration to me and my battle with cancer and I only hope I can be half as strong as he was during his battle.

I want to steal a quote (with a few minor changes) from Dirty Dancing one of Swayze’s movies and dedicate to my wife Kim and my son Cole… “Now I‘m having the time of my life. No I never felt like this before. Yes I swear it's the truth and I it all to you”. Kim and Cole you are the ones who truly get me through each day. When I lay on the table getting radiation it’s the two of you I think of. It’s the two of you who get me through each second, hour, day and yes year.

What people don’t realize is just because I am the one with cancer my wife is battling it to. She is the one who makes sure I take my pills on time, go to the doctors, she is the one who asks the questions and does the research she is the one who keeps me alive and I want the world to know it. Kim thank you for being there for me… thank you for everything. I love you.


As far what’s in store for me today? Well I am getting ready to head out for another zap of radiation… six down twenty-four to go… then my chemotherapy pills double. I just hope when chemotherapy doubles I still feel as amazing as I do today.

People keep telling me through email and facebook that I am an inspiration… what they don’t know is… they are the inspiration (at least to me). Telling me to stay strong and keep up the positive attitude is what gets me through each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment