Thursday, July 1, 2010

Life

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Life…

I have come up with a new motto… Life is a contest; your only competition is yourself. You decide if you win or lose… you may be asking me… Mike what does that mean? What it means is… simply you decide your own fate, life may hand you a crappy hand of cards, but if you play hose cards rite you will win. It doesn’t matter what anyone else has, had, or will have… play your cards rite and you will win. Look at me I have freaking brain cancer… one of the most aggressive forms of it, and as far as I am concerned I am winning… I am winning in life and if I were to go today I won… I freaking won!!!!! I have an awesome son a beautiful wife, a loving and supporting family as well as friends. Life is all about attitude, I may have cancer and of course the medicine, doctors and science have helped… but it is also attitude that has gotten me through this hell… along with the prayers and support I get from family, friends and strangers from around the world. When your down and feeling like shit it’s your attitude, family and friends that pull you back up. Lying in bed and asking why me will not get you better… it will just bring you down and possibly make you sicker.

I just found out today that I inspired a friend to come out about her illness. She has muscular dystrophy, and turtleitis. I am praying for her and her family. She has been reading my blog over the last year and it inspired her to do the same. She is now writing s blog sbout her battle. How awesome is that? This just goes to show that what I have been saying is true. I got this cancer for a reason. If it’s just to inspire people to do whatever they have to do to make them self’s feel better then that’s fine. I am winning in life… and so is she.

Now one more thing… my news friends would say I buried the lead story but o’well. Las week I had a MRI and it went well. Those of you who read it on Facebook already have an idea of what happened.

The results came back good. There was no tumor regrowth. I have no tumor!!! As good as that sounds there is more to the story. The MRI did show some white spots on the front area of my brain. The doctors think it is a result of the Avastin a new medicine I have been taking to fight the regrowth of the tumor… so it has been doing its job. So for the next few weeks I am off the Avastin and the Chemo. I then get a follow up MRI in a few weeks to see if the white spots are gone or have reduced in size. I know this sounds scary but it’s not as bad as it sounds. They don’t believe it is a tumor, just a side effect from the Chemo.

So please as usual keep me in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment