Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The last few weeks have been fun. Kim and I went to Key West for a few days… just the two of us. We had a great time. Of course we missed Cole but it was nice to get out just the two of us… it was the first time we went on vacation without Cole. And this past weekend my family had a small party and I got to spend time with some of the people closest to me… that is always a big help and boosts my attitude every time.

As far as me I’m doing well. The last MRI I had showed no regrowth of the tumor which is just astounding. But the results are double edged. Even though there is no regrowth they found some white spots in the front area of my brain. They don’t think it is a tumor… it’s not acting like a tumor… I’m not reacting to it as if it were a tumor. What my doctors believe is that it’s a reaction to the Avastin I am taking to keep the tumor from growing back. So what we are going to do for a few weeks is take me off the Avastin and the Chemo and see what happens. We’ll do another MRI and from that we will learn more.

But I still feel good. We are worried about what we will find out… I’m still living a life of uncertainty… my entire family is. I always expect the best and try not to think about the worst but it is always there. I will keep my positive attitude and with your help. With your prayers and thoughts I know no matter what we find out we will get through it.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, You have beat it so far, I get it how you hate the uncertainty. I wake up every morning wondering if a part of me will stop working that day. Uncertainty sucks. I'm glad you have a nice trip to Key West, that is the only bad thing about living in Tally, you don't just scoot down there for the weekend anymore.

    ReplyDelete