Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers Day

Things have been going well. I am feeling good and slowly getting back to work. This past week I worked in Fort Lauderdale for a long time client. I shot video for a summit they produced. The hardest part was the first and last day… I had to help un-load and re-load two 18 wheelers worth of video, audio, and lighting gear. Let me tell you this is the hardest I have worked in a long time. It was grueling but it felt good working that hard… I needed that. The best part of the gig was the fact that Kim and Cole were able to come with me and stay in the hotel with me. They had a mini-vacation as I worked my ass off… I never had a chance to see them except for when I woke up and went to sleep… but as long as they had fun it was worth it.

Other than that life is good. Yesterday was Fathers day and being able to spend the day with Cole and the rest of the family was all I could ask for… it was a great Fathers day.

I do however have some bad news to report, our dog Norma Jean had to be put down last week. As hard as it was to decide to do we knew it was the correct decision. She was fifteen years old, lost her hearing, was going blind and may have had demencia. She just wasn’t a happy dog. For Kim this was especially hard… Norma was her “first” baby. When I met Kim she already had Norma, so it was a package deal for me… two for the price of one. I loved Norma. When I first got sick she would sit on my lap and lick my face trying to make me feel better… and you know what she did make me feel better. She may not have understood English but she knew something was different with me and did what she could do to make me feel better. As the year went on and I got better she just got sicker. I know Norma is looking down on the three of us and is a star in the sky… This is what we told Cole and I think it helped him... and I believe it too. It hasn’t been easy on Cole but let me tell you he is a strong kid and is getting through this better than I thought he would.

Keep thinking those positive thoughts and keep the prayers coming… I can’t tell you just how much they actually help.

No comments:

Post a Comment