Monday, April 12, 2010

Michael's Poetry

So here it is nine months since this whole nightmare started… and as bad as I thought it would be, its going good, the tumor is gone for now… and let’s hope and pray that it never comes back. As bad as I thought this was going to be its not that bad… it sure as hell aint good but it isn’t bad either. I have come so far in the past nine months, I have learned a life time of lessons… and can only imagine what else there is for me to learn. Its amazing how you can be living your life happy and then wake up one day only to find out you have cancer.

Friends and family do me a favor take a good look at your life and enjoy what you have… you never know when it could all be gone. I’m not talking about materialistic things. It doesn’t matter who has the biggest house, the fanciest and fastest car or the biggest diamond on their finger. Enjoy your family... tell them every day that you love them… even if you are arguing stop for a second and say I love you. When you’re disciplining your kids and they are yelling back at you stop for a second and say I love you. You never know when it’s the last time you are going to see them… you never want the last memory someone has of you to be you yelling at them… you want it to be you saying I love you.

That’s it for my advice today but I do want to share a few things with you… lately I have been writing poetry. Yes I Michael Levine is writing poetry. You are probably thinking what does he know about poetry? Well the answer is nothing… I’m just putting my feelings down on paper and I’m calling it poetry. Take a look and let me know what you think.

This first one is for Cole.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Little boy son of mine remember the times we have

we don't know when and if it they will ever end

Little boy son of mine the times we have are worth more than you will
ever know

Little boy son of mine you'll never understand the love I have for you
untill you have a child of your own

Little boy son of mine. I love you and will always love you

1 comment:

  1. Brought tears to my eyes Michael.

    My son is approaching the 20 mark this year and has had his issues that most teenagers had. Reminds me a lot of me (always had since he was born) and every day I look at him I can see him grow more and more.

    Great sentiment.

    Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete