Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pain in the Hand

Life is still good – and I’m feeling great! Yesterday I had an MRI to see if there is any re-growth of the tumor. The MRI went great except that when the tech had to inject the contrast we ran into a problem. My veins are hard to find because of the radiation and chemo… she tried about 10-12 times to get a usable vein but couldn’t and let me tell you it hurt… being poked that many times does hurt. What we ended up doing is going to the main hospital to see if they could do it – well after only three tries she found a vein… rite in my knuckle and again it hurt like hell but worth it. I have a feeling I am going to end up with a port… now I understand why so many cancer patients have one.

Preliminary report looks good - a little swelling but good… I meet with the neurosurgeon on Thursday to find out more but I think and feel that there will be no re-growth if so very little and the chemo will take care of that. So wish me luck and keep on praying for me… it looks like its working. I will update you all on Thursday or Friday with what I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment