Thursday, May 13, 2010

Behind The Wheel

Well it’s been a year since I had my first seizure. If you remember it happened just after Mother’s day of 2009. So I have been fighting for a year, although we didn’t know what was happening until August of 2009, that’s when we found out I had cancer… a level four glioblastoma (GBM). This mêlée started a year ago and I haven’t been behind the wheel of a car since, I was told I had to go six months seizure free before I could drive again… well guess what? It’s been six months since my last seizure so I took it to the roads on Sunday… can I tell you oh what it felt like. For those of you who drive daily you just forget. The only way to explain it is think back to when you were 15 and you got your learners permit... the exhilaration, the adrenaline, the excitment That’s how I feel… it’s a feeling I haven’t had since 1985. We are treating my new freedom as if I had a learners permit. I am only driving with Kim in the car and not in the dark. I want to make sure I have all my sensations back. It is like riding a bike but I want to be safe… this is not a game. Driving gives me my freedom back and the ability to get back to work.

This past weekend we went to Costco and I tried one of these message chairs they were selling. As most of you know I am a skeptic and did not expect much from it. I have to tell you it was one of the best messages I have ever had…. And coming from a chair it was the best. I have to figure out a way to get one… having a chair like this would be a huge help to my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment